RFID Attendance Management and Student Monitoring Solution
Student safety in school premises is a major concern for parents as well as school authorities. With the growing crime against children and reports of brutal incidents within school premises, strong measures need to be taken to ensure that every child is safe within the school at all times.
The actual challenge faced by school authorities is the inability to track each and every student within the school premises and to ensure that children do not wander off to restricted areas where there are greater risks of any untowardly incident. Thus there is a need for a comprehensive solution that allows school administration to keep an eye on students within the school premises and alert them in case of any unscheduled or unrestricted movement.
Asti Infotech’s RFID based Student Tracking System
Asti’s School Safety solution uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tracking for monitoring student movement within the premises. The system ensures that students are under surveillance right from the time they enter the school gates, until the time they have safely left the premises either with their guardians or through GPS and RFID-enabled school transport.
- RFID for school transport: The moment parents see their children off to the school bus, they are anxious for the safety of their child while he/she is away from them. The RFID scanners installed in school buses ensure that they are updated about their ward’s safety - the scanners read tags embedded in their I-cards or uniforms and automatically inform the school authorities and parents that the student has boarded-de-boarded the bus. The GPS-tracking further enables real-time tracking of the buses to keep their worry at bay.
- Speed management
- Route Planning
- Driver Management
Real Time Tracking
- GRFID in school premises: As a second level of security, RFID readers are installed at various locations (including school gates and restricted areas, toilets, etc) within the school premises. RFID chips are embedded in students’ I-cards or uniforms so that whenever a student crosses a scanner location, information will immediately be sent to school authorities as well as parents.
- Enters an un-authorized/restricted area
- Enters any authorized area in restricted timing, like canteen in class hours
- Missing from the class during class hours for more than defined limit
- Remains in the school after scheduled time
School authorities can define the un-authorized/restricted areas in school premises and they will be immediately notified or alarmed if any student:
Thus the RFID monitoring system achieves these very important objectives:
- Alarm or Alert authorities by providing whereabouts of a student in real time in case a student tries to enter restricted area by mistake or on purpose
- School authority will be able to track and monitor attendance of students at school automatically and notify parents for un-informed absence from school
- Parents/guardians can be notified instantly and automatically in case his/her child gets out of school before scheduled time
Depending on need there are several alerts that can be configured: Idling Alert, Stoppage Alert, Tampering Alert, Over-speeding Alert etc.
Asti’s RFID based Student Tracking Solution ensures enhanced safety for students at all times within the school. Authorities are timely informed and alerted about any students missing from the class or entering restricted areas, thereby allowing them time to take appropriate action and prevent any mishap or untowardly incident. Parents are also at peace since they are constantly updated about their child’s safety.